The Future of Parkland’s Journalists

The Trumpet Staff from left to right; First Row: Casey Tremblay, Jen Hernandez, Ava Pugeda, Madison Haines, Caedyn Lipovsky, Danica Harf, Abby Shurman, and Abigail Sawyer. Second Row: Mason Tadora, Rafael Perez, Jake Weiner, and Christian Dzema.

Abigail Sawyer — Co-Editor in Chief

Co-Editor in Chief, Abigail Sawyer, takes a selfie at her Senior Homecoming.

I’ve been writing for the Parkland Trumpet for the past two years, and it has been one of the best experiences of my life. I loved writing political pieces and interactive news stories the most but I’m always open to sharing my opinions on fun little things like ice cream flavors or the purpose of eggnog. Being a part of the newspaper has challenged me to be a better writer, a clearer communicator, and a more understanding leader. I’ve learned to set aside my perfectionism and focus on my team and the community we’ve created. I plan on going to North Park University for politics and government to continue my journalistic career and I couldn’t be more excited! My final piece of advice is to go for what makes you happy. Life doesn’t have to be the way it is and pursuing your dreams or even little goals brings you that much closer to the life you see yourself living.

Casey Tremblay — Co-Editor in Chief

Co-editor in Chief, Casey Tremblay is shown above hugging a tree.

I have written for a school newspaper for a total of three years. I have spent two years of it with the wonderful crew on the Trumpet staff which I miss every day. Newspaper has allowed me to find my niche in life. As much fun as reporting and news writing is I have enjoyed blog writing and photography the most. This has inspired the path that I chose to follow in life. After high school, I do not plan on going to college right away. I plan on working for two or three years to earn enough money to travel North America in a van that I have converted into my home. I have wanted to travel, van lifestyle for as long as I can remember. My crazy dreams and goals have made me realize that people in life will not always agree with lifestyles one chooses to lead or dreams one chooses to turn into reality. To that I say, watch me, and I hope you do too!

Christian Dzema — Staff Writer

Staff writer, Christian Dzema, poses for a nice picture.

I was a member of The Trumpet staff for a single year and through this small niche, I found what it is that I’d like to do for the rest of my life.  As much fun as it is writing about what I like and what interests me, it’s even more fun to find those topics that extend beyond my interest and have the potential to inspire other people.  I plan to study communications and journalism at Penn State University to hopefully write for a major publication and give not just myself a voice but those who deserve one.  If there’s anything that this time of uncertainty has made me realize it’s that you can’t appreciate the good without the bad. It’s not about what you could’ve or would do, it’s about what you’ve done and chose to continue doing. I am thankful for the opportunity I had been given by The Trumpet and I am proud of the work that we had done. As Kermit The Frog once said, “someday we’ll find it, the rainbow connection. The lovers, the dreamers, and me.” We’re all in this together, good luck to everyone in your future endeavors.

Jeniel Hernandez — Editor of Features and Entertainment

Entertainment and feature editor,  Jeniel Hernandez, gives a thumbs up.

I was a member of the school’s newspaper for two years and truly enjoyed the experience. I’ve always had a passion for writing and finding an outlet where people can hear my voice was ground-breaking. Mrs. Abdelaal gracefully guided me to become a well-versed writer, and writing pieces I wouldn’t visualize myself putting in black and white. As the future is drawn to the present, I aspire to be a performer; I don’t just want to sing OR dance OR act OR make people laugh; I want to jumble them all together to make people feel. Feeling emotions is what makes people so special. Whether we laugh or cry, we all do it and it connects us all as human beings. I plan to pursue a life where I make people feel something, something we all feel. My best advice I could give is, ¨People are going to stare no matter what, so might as well give them a show.¨