What are the Constants Amid the Chaos?

Photo imported from the Parkland School District website.

Abby Shurman, Staff Writer

Although Coronavirus has disrupted many aspects of our everyday lives, many important milestones are still occurring. It may be hard to focus on our “new normal” while missing out on celebrations for significant events.       

For example, the graduating class of 2020 has gotten a very different second semester than expected. However, they are graduating nonetheless. Many services and honorary speeches have been made by various public leaders and influencers in an attempt to show support online. Many people have found innovative ways to honor other milestones such as birthdays or anniversaries in a safe way. Showing support and recognizing accomplishments cannot be stopped by the Coronavirus. Some ways to congratulate loved ones while following the CDC’s guidelines include making positive videos and sharing them online or organizing a drive-by with homemade posters. Other due dates and deadlines are still in effect despite the changes due to the Coronavirus. Some things in the Trojan community that are still happening include yearbook distribution, club elections, locker cleanouts, and cap and gown distribution. Make sure to check the Parkland School District website to stay up to date on current events.