A Night to Remember: PHS Prom 2022

Photo credits to ParKey staff

Photo credits to ParKey staff

Parkland Prom, on May 7th, 2022 & from 7-11 pm, was an epic success and a night that all students in attendance will remember for many years to come. The theme was Enchanted Forest and the venue, The Bethlehem Steel Stacks, set the scene for a spectacular event. Shuttle buses departing from Parkland High School offered transportation to and from prom. Shortly after the beginning of the event, the lowering of the curtains in the main area set the mood for a dance floor that would last until the end of the prom. Food and drinks were offered and were kept fresh the entire time. On the third floor, students had access to a photo booth along with props. This photo booth was unique as there were options to print, email, or even text the photos. In addition, students even had the opportunity to go on the balcony and watch students dance from a birds-eye view. The second floor had a quiet lounge where people could relax and have a few light refreshments. Towards the end of the night, seniors Noah Rode and Hana Yang were crowned Prom King and Queen on the balcony and were met with cheers of applause from the students down below. Prom was certainly a magical night for the Class of 2022, but the fun continued during post-prom from 11 PM – 5 AM. Be sure to check out our article about post-prom on this website!