• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet heard ‘round the world

Analytics reveal Parkland’s global sway
PHSTrumpet.org
SNO Sites Analytics of The Trumpet’s readership shows interesting global trends.

Since its foundation in the 1930s, The Trumpet has catered its content to the local demographic. Thousands of Parkland (and pre-Parkland) students have learned more about their school and community through our paper. In 2019, in order to help our paper adapt to the digital age and widen our paper’s viewership, The Trumpet launched a website: phstrumpet.org. Unexpectedly, a recent review of site analytics has suggested that The Trumpet should consider targeting at least a national audience, and maybe even a global viewer base.

In the last 365 days, The Trumpet’s website has nearly 3500 views from the United States. Unsurprisingly, Pennsylvania is the leading state, contributing 1579 views, followed by New York with 231 views. Other states that have viewed our site often are California, Virginia, Texas, Indiana, New Jersey, and Georgia. The reason for Indiana providing higher viewership than Massachusetts, Ohio, Florida, and Illinois is currently being investigated by The Trumpet’s analytics team. However, the state with the most mysterious view count is undoubtedly Montana. Our site has received 26 views from the state of Montana, which is one more than the four states surrounding them have mustered.

In the past year, The Trumpet has received approximately 400 views from outside the United States, with the United Kingdom leading the pack with 41 views. Following the UK was a three-way tie between the Philippines, Canada, and China, with each country having generated 33 views.

The most surprising finding in all of the analysis was that Morocco has 20 views on the site. Morocco has a significantly lower number of citizens and English-speaking residents in comparison to The Trumpet’s other top viewers. Those twenty views are one more than Germany, Russia, Italy, and Japan combined.  The Trumpet’s analytics team is actively researching which article(s) would have intrigued the Moroccan viewers.

The least populated country that has contributed a view to our site is Suriname, with 598,000 residents. Other small countries that have viewed our site include Angola, Azerbaijan, Kuwait, Paraguay, Taiwan, and Yemen. 

These discoveries have thrilled The Trumpet higher-ups. ¨The Trumpet has always been a local publication, so the fact that our student writing is becoming globally read is fascinating and is worth expanding,” muses Mrs. Destiny Beck, The Trumpet’s advisor since 2020. “I think it’s really cool that there are international readers because we can spread the happenings of the Lehigh Valley internationally,” noted Sarah George, The Trumpet’s Editor in Chief.

While The Trumpet turning global seemed preposterous at a glance, it has been determined that a wide variety of countries have demonstrated interest in our content. The Trumpet will always make sure that the Parkland community is the priority, but, according to data, our destiny beckons us to start devoting a portion of our focus to the international community as well.