• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Eagles offensive line warms up the holidays with a second Christmas album

A Philly Special Christmas Special
    Kevin Burkett

The Philadelphia Eagles star players Jason Kelce, Lane Johnson, and Jordan Mailata took their talents away from the football field to release their second Christmas album on December 1st, 2023. The album is called A Philly Special Christmas Special, after the album they produced called A Philly Special Christmas last year. The album is for charity, as the proceeds from the album will benefit the Children’s Crisis Treatment Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia. Kelce, Johnson, and Mailata are all key players on the Eagles’ outstanding offensive line. Their band name is The Philly Specials. Offensive linemen are also known as “big uglies,” so hearing them sing Christmas songs is extremely entertaining. Luckily, they have lots of help. Not only is the album produced by Charlie Hall who was in the band The War on Drugs, but many other artists are also featured in the album. A Philly Special Christmas Special is undeniably fun and exciting, but is it good? 

The album has eleven songs. The Philly Specials sing in a majority of the songs; however, there are a couple of surprise guests featured. Philadelphia’s own Patti LaBelle sings This Christmas with Jordan Mailata. Mailata is very talented, and many fans joke he became an NFL player to start his music career. The combination of beautiful voices makes this song a hit. Another Philadelphia singer, Amos Lee, is featured in The Christmas Song. The Philly Special Children’s Choir harmonizes in Christmas Time is Here. The General Manager of the Eagles, Howie Roseman, sings along with the Philly Specials in The Dreidel Song. 6’6, 336-pound Eagles Defensive Tackle, Jordan Davis, is featured in Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, and fans have claimed he has the voice of an angel. It wouldn’t be Christmas without family, so Chiefs’ tight end, Travis Kelce, sings Fairytale of Philadelphia with his big brother, Jason. Unfortunately for Swifties, Taylor is not featured. 

The Philly Specials wanted to connect with Philadelphia by showcasing many features that are beloved by the city. This album is certainly entertaining and for an amazing cause. It represents what the holidays are all about.