• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Wawa v. Sheetz: The ultimate Pennsylvanian debate

Aaron F. Stone (Wikimedia Commons)
A picture of a Sheetz, one of Pennsylvania’s favorite convenience stores.

From housing the Liberty Bell, having an influential role in the founding of our country, numerous winning (well, almost winning, there’s no need to remind Philly fans about last year’s Super Bowl and World Series) sports teams, the Amish, Cheesesteaks, being a notorious “Swing State” in presidential elections, and, of course, the greased poles in Philadelphia after a sporting event (see Philadelphians climbing street poles after the 2017 Super Bowl Victory), Pennsylvania is known for a variety of things. However, arguably, the thing Pennsylvania is known best is our convenience stores. 

In quintessential Pennsylvanian fashion, every time my family goes on a road trip, we make a point to stop at either Sheetz or Wawa as our gas station of choice. While both Wawa and Sheetz can be described as a “‘mega-convenience-store-gas-station-restaurant” combo, many Pennsylvanians have conclusive opinions as to which chain is superior. Business Insider described both chains as having a “cult following,” which has been proven time and time again. Pennsylvanians are dedicated to their convenience chain of choice. 

Mia De Pinho (11), a dedicated Wawa customer, told The Trumpet, “I like Wawa better because it is always cleaner than Sheetz inside, and their food and slushies are better.” When asked why she prefers Wawa, Yasmelle Gonzalez (12) said, “I just don’t go to Sheetz that often.” Grace Lin (12)  explained her preference for Wawa, saying, “Sheetz? Like bed sheets? Spreadsheets? Wawa is wawa. Like Wawa. The logo is ingrained into my brain.” Ethan Silver (12) told The Trumpet, “I have never seen a Sheetz in my life. Wawa is relevant. Sheetz is just not.” 

The verdict is in: Wawa is the superior convenience chain. While Sheetz may have some loyal fans, apparently Parkland students are not among them. Are you a loyal Sheetz fan? Message us on Instagram @phstrumpet and tell us your thoughts!

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Trumpet
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Parkland High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and printing costs.