• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New school system allows students to walk outside for a day

On Friday, October 27th the students of Parkland High School were given an exciting surprise: the ability, for that day, to walk in the outside area in order to pass between classes. This latest permission was given as a part of the new Positive Behavior Reward system. To the delight of many students, the day was warm and sunny, so the time in the daylight was eagerly soaked up. 

The change allowed people to get some sunshine, get to class faster, and lessen the mob-like traffic that is oh-so-normal in the hallways. The opinions of many of the students were overly positive. “I think [being able to walk outside] is a very good idea and it’s very fun. It gives us fresh air throughout the day,” said Cara Skrapits (11) when asked about the new ability. 

It also seemed to be a hit with many of the school officials, since they also got a chance to be outside to see the comings and goings of the students. “I love it, I think it is making out to be the best day ever at Parkland High School,” said guidance counselor Mr. Turrel when asked his opinion.

Here’s hoping the students are given another day like this, as their behavior continues to improve!

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Trumpet
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Parkland High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting and printing costs.