• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Teenagers’ favorite part of the holiday season: Spotify Wrapped Day

Spotify
A picture of Spotify’s logo.

November and December are jam-packed with many holidays. From Thanksgiving to Christmas, to Kwanza, to Hanukkah, to New Year’s Eve, it’s an incredibly busy time of year. However, what is teenagers’ favorite aspect of holidays? Spotify Wrapped Day. 

Spotify Wrapped is one of the music streaming app’s most popular features. Towards the end of the year, Spotify compiles all of a listener’s listening statistics for that particular year. This can include a person’s top artists, most listened-to songs, minutes listened, and more. All of these statistics are summarized in one’s “Spotify Wrapped.”  This year a person’s “Spotify Wrapped” included the most streamed artists of each month, the day a listener streamed the most music, and the location in the world where people had the most similar music taste. Ultimately, Spotify Wrapped Day is a phenomenon that garners the attention of thousands of listeners. 

Often, younger people share their Wrapped on numerous social media platforms. The internet goes crazy for Spotify Wrapped and often turns it into memes.  Maitri Ratanpara (11) told The Trumpet staff, “I like how it shows the percentile I am in for my top artist. However, I feel it only really showcases the first half of my year and what I listened to at that time…I really do like the platform and comparing my music listening history with my friends.” Kya Nelson (11) shares Ratanpara’s perspective saying, “It’s so interesting seeing how much my music taste and personality has grown throughout the years I have used Spotify. I really look forward to seeing it at the end of the year.”

Other music platforms, like Apple Music, have replicated similar programs for their listeners. Apple Music’s “Replay” is similar to Spotify Wrapped as it summarizes a user’s listening patterns for the year. Do you use Spotify? What do you think of Spotify Wrapped? Comment below and let us know!