• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

December: Eat the Valley

The Trumpet dives into Nowhere Coffee Co.
Nowhere Coffee Co.
The logo of Nowhere Coffee Co. located on Tilghman Street.

To kick off the new season of Eat the Valley, The Trumpet staff decided to reach out to a close-to-home business: Nowhere Coffee Co. (which has a location right down the street from the high school). Sat on the busy Tilghman Street, Nowhere Coffee has a warm and inviting ambiance with comfortable seating and various decorations. But the part The Trumpet was most interested in was, of course, the food and drinks.

The staff was supplied with an array of goodies: Chocolate hazelnut, apricot, and butter croissants, two types of conchiglie, a grateful egg, hall & oatmeal, and a gluten-free chocolate chip and blueberry “bruffins.” The fan favorite of the staff ended up being the chocolate hazelnut filled conchiglie, which is a type of puff pastry. “It was very good, the chocolate was very nice. I liked how crunchy and flaky the pastry was,” said staff writer Raina Pawloski.  On the more savory side, the grateful egg, which is a gluten free egg and spinach bake, also rose to the top of the ranks quickly. A round, perfectly browned, and quiche-esque indulgence, the grateful egg was ideal for a mid-morning snack to keep you energized for the rest of the day. “I would eat this on any holiday, it’s a holiday kind of food. I like it a lot,” said Layout Editor Camila Gonzalez. 

Moving on to the drinks, the staff was supplied with two options: the peruvian medium roast hot coffee or the cold brew. Both also had an option of adding oatmilk, half & half, or Nowhere Coffee’s in-house vanilla syrup to give it a little something extra. Each one was a hit with the staff, bringing about the perfect amount of acidity and sweetness to rouse everyone to be able to finish the school day. “The coffee is very, very bold and would definitely keep me running all day teaching,” said The Trumpet’s advisor Mrs. Beck.

Overall, each of the items that were tried left the staff with a joyous taste on their tongue and an excitement to try more. Head down to one of Nowhere Coffee’s two locations to try these items for yourself! 

A special thanks to Nowhere Coffee Co. for working with us to get us these items.

This article previously ran in the December print edition.