• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Mr. Stephens strives for greatness as new athletic director

Rick Kintzel/The Morning Call

As the school year begins, so does the sports season. After 27 years of achieving excellence as a teacher and the varsity basketball coach here at Parkland, Mr. Stephens is now our new athletic director and is ready to achieve greatness across all sports.

Although this is Mr. Stephens first year as athletic director, he has plenty of experience in the sports field. Growing up he played many sports including baseball, basketball, and football. In high school he chose to pursue basketball and even played four years in college. He plans on using his knowledge about sports to help make improvements and guide Parkland in the right direction.

He stated, “I am excited to watch our teams and student athletes compete throughout the school year.” Mr. Stephens will help guide athletes to another successful season and there is no limit to how far Parkland will go this year.