• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tennis Rizz

Mr. Rizzotto named new Boy’s Tennis coach
ParKey
The Parkland Boys Tennis team has a new coach, Mr. Lee Rizzotto.

For the past 11 seasons, Parkland’s Boys Tennis Team has been led by Coach Michael Hingston. During that time span, the team has compiled an impressive record of 156-17, with eight conference titles and four district championships. However, Coach Hingston has decided to step down as the coach of the Parkland Boy’s Tennis Team, though he will remain the coach of the Parkland Girl’s Tennis Team. For the first time since Obama’s first administration, the boy’s tennis team will have a new coach: Mr. Lee Rizzotto.

Coach Rizzotto has a background in tennis, having played the sport in his senior year of high school, and is an enthusiast for professional tennis. “It is one of the best sports for people of all levels,” gushes Coach Rizzotto. His tennis background should play a vital role in the team maintaining their recent success, which includes three straight conference titles.

Team members have already developed great respect for Coach Rizzotto. “My favorite thing about Coach Rizzoto as a coach is the energy and passion that he brings day in and day out,” reveals Matty Ringold (12). “He wants the best out of each and every one of us, and is on us to be the best player that we can be.” 

Coach Rizzotto embraces his role as the leader of the team, noting “I enjoy leading young competitors and helping them progress and reach their maximum potential.” The players are fond of his leadership as well. “I think his leadership will positively impact the team because of the respect and appreciation that he has already earned from us,” opines Ringold. “We understand he is a very experienced coach, and so everything that he says as a leader and coach goes a long way. There is also a mutual level of respect which goes both ways, that allows his leadership to positively impact the team.” 

Everyone cannot wait for the season to begin. “I’m looking forward to competing with my teammates in the EPC and am excited about the new strategies that Mr. Rizzotto, our new coach, will bring to the court,” reveals Kevin Yao (11).  On the other hand, Mr. Rizzotto is most looking forward to “the leadership of our upperclassmen helping our young talent develop.”

The Trumpet wishes boy’s tennis and their new coach another successful season.

This article previously ran in the April print edition