• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Behind the Eras

Camila Gonzalez

In honor of Taylor Swift’s infamous, Speak Now cardigan being delivered to everyone’s doorstep this week, it’s a perfect time to talk about the woman behind the highest-grossing tour of all time.
Taylor Swift has a total of ten albums, or ten different eras. For example, her album Lover is when you see life in a rose colored lens, and the album Folklore being more realistic. This is where the inspiration for the Eras Tour came from, as Taylor Swift wanted to show her journey through the musical eras of her career. The concert consists of Taylor performing 46 different songs with two surprise songs each night. This takes over three hours from start to end. Sounds exhausting right? Especially after 146 shows in five different continents, it’s a good thing she did not do it alone.
The Eras Tour is definitely not a solo performance as it has over 200 workers and dancers helping Taylor along the way. After the first leg of the six months on tour, Taylor was extremely grateful for all the help she had along the way and wanted to do something to show she truly appreciated them. So she gave out a total of more than $55 million to those working on her show. That money was distributed to her dancers, riggers, sound technicians, catering, and truckers. Taylor has a trucking crew of about 50 truckers transporting all the stage equipment, the physical stage, and of course all that confetti. Taylor gave them an $100,000 bonus for all their sacrifices and hard work. “These men and women, they live on the road. They sleep during the day and work all night,” said Michael Scherkenbach, founder and CEO of Denver, Colorado-based Shomotion trucking company. “It’s a grueling task. They leave their families, young children for weeks. For Taylor’s tour, they’ve been away from home for 24 weeks.” And after all her generosity, she still had some more philanthropy in her system.
Taylor Swift has donated to over ten different food drives on her way from city to city, resulting in thousands of families and individuals going home with bags filled with food for weeks. Even the local charities could not believe it was real as plenty of people thought they were being pranked when they received a call from Swift’s people. “We thought: ‘Are we getting punked?’” Michelle Beck, chief development officer of Three Square Food Bank, told Today. (Parade)
When Valeria Gonzalez (9) was asked if she knew if Taylor Swift has donated over $55 million to everyone in need and her crew she responded, ”Woah really? I haven’t heard anything about that. How do I get hired?¨
Not only is Taylor making history with her tour and music, but also an impact on her community and we could not thank her enough for the life-changing concert experience and helping everyone around her in the process. She really does go out in Style.

Camila Gonzalez