• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Elemental is on fire

Via Wikimedia Commons

Elemental was released on Disney+ on September 13th of this year, and it has already become very popular among both children and adults. On the cover, it seems like a classic Romeo and Juliet story with two star-crossed lovers, but it hides much more beneath the surface. Elemental has two main storylines that tie into each other, one being the relationship between a girl and her father, and the other being the romance between two people from contrasting backgrounds. Though the movie’s target audience is mainly children, it also holds many messages that adults can relate to. 

The main character, Ember Lumen, is the child of two immigrant parents who both came to Elemental City for a better life. Ember has a bright complexion and a fiery temper to match. The main love interest, Wade Ripple, has a very emotional and chill attitude that complements Ember’s perfectly.

Elemental subtly shows how difficult life can be for immigrants and the struggles that their children may face. Amina Chatouk (10) told The Trumpet, “I feel like the movie really did capture the reality immigrant parents face and the sacrifices they make for their children. It’s the love story everyone loves and needs.”

The breathtaking plot isn’t the only thing the movie has going for it, though, as it also has a beautiful animation style and uses color theory and other artistic elements to illustrate the emotions that the characters experience. There are a number of charming animated scenes that really make the viewer feel totally immersed in the movie.

Elemental has almost all the elements of a good movie and really has a way of drawing in an audience and showing them the allure of this fantastical movie.