• Class of 2027 Apparel Sale Happening Now • SpongeBob Musical Tickets on Sale Now: www.showtix4u.com • Parkland Prom 5/4/24 @ SteelStacks
The Student News Site of Parkland High School

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

The Trumpet

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The newest movies hitting the silver screen in 2024

Inside Out 2 is one of the most anticipated movies of the upcoming year
Brecht Bug

When the time comes to move on to a new year, there is no better way to prepare yourself than to become familiarized with some of the best movies that are set to come out within the year. There are so many new and exciting movies with release dates in 2024, like Madame Web, Argylle, Inside Out 2, The Thundermans Return, and Despicable Me 4.

Marvel is really upping their game for the upcoming year, as they are set to come out with a slew of new movies, including Captain America: Brave New World, Madame Web, Thunderbolts, and even Deadpool 3. Of the four, Madame Web has definitely garnered a lot of attention, being the long-awaited prequel to The Amazing Spider-Man series. Not much information has been put out about the movie so far, but the premise is about the origin story of a superhero named “Madame Web,” who suffered from both blindness and neuromuscular disease before gaining the same powers as Spider-Man, but with additional psychic abilities (The Economic Times). Memorable cast members include Sydney Sweeney, Dakota Johnson, and Emma Roberts. With such an intriguing storyline and the possibility of other Spider-Man actors returning for this movie, Madame Web is undoubtedly going to web in plenty of viewers.

If the last movie had a famous cast, then this is practically the Met Gala. The action-packed Argylle is another movie coming out in the next year, and it boasts a number of exceptionally popular celebrities, such as Henry Cavill, Dua Lipa, John Cena, and Catherine O’Hara. The trailer is already available to watch on YouTube, and it does a great job of showing just how thrilling the film is going to be. In the movie, Elly Conway is the author of a popular espionage novel series who is thrown into the real world of spies after the events written in her books come to life. She is “supposedly” saved from people who intend to hurt her by a spy named Aiden. Still, it is impossible for her to know who to trust (aside from her cat) when the only people around her are shady and deceitful (Wikipedia).

Disney has also recently been on its A-game, coming out with movies like Wish and Elemental, but one movie in particular has been in the back of everyone’s minds for years. This movie, of course, is Inside Out 2, which has been highly anticipated since the release of the first movie in 2015. The plot will be a continuation of Riley’s journey through life, and her experiences during her teenage years. The movie is said to feature multiple new emotions, and it is set to release on June 14, 2024 (Collider). Inside Out 2, just like the first movie, will star Amy Poehler as Joy, and keep most of the original cast with the addition of new actors for the new characters

For anyone who was a fan of Nickelodeon back in their younger days, one of the most exciting new releases may be The Thundermans Return, which will feature the same cast as the original show and will be a blast of nostalgia for most teens today. The movie is said to be about heroes Max and Phoebe, who have just been stripped of their hero status due to a mission gone awry, being sent back to their home in Hiddenville. Their main goal in the movie is to regain their positions as heroes, while their siblings, Billy and Nora, just want to get through high school (J-14). The Thundermans Return definitely utilizes an overused trope, but who doesn’t love a good reunion?

The producers of one series that has been known for having some of the best sequels, Despicable Me, have decided that they’re not quite ready to say goodbye, as Despicable Me 4 is set to come out in July of next year. With how much popularity each of the prior movies has garnered, there is no doubt that Despicable Me 4 will top the charts. Though the specific details of the plot have been kept hidden, there is still some information known about the movie. It will likely just be a continuation of Gru’s story, and it will probably feature a new big supervillain to throw a wrench into Gru’s life plans (Screen Rant). However, despite all of the lovable human characters, most people looking forward to this movie are in it for the Minions. The little banana-loving creatures have been a hit since they first appeared in Despicable Me, and they are, matter-of-factly, the backbone of the entire franchise. Though Gru and his daughters are all great characters, the Minions are what really keep the show running. Crowds are going to go bananas for this new movie.